Thursday 30 August 2012

Killing Time


I keenly remember a time
When I was never bored
When there never seemed
To be enough time
When I felt exuberant
When I had loads of interests
When I hated bedtime
When time was my enemy
In an altogether different way

How long ago it seems now . . .
When days go by
Checking the clock again and again
Just waiting to get tired
Waiting to go to sleep
Wishing for it
Begging for it
Trying to come up
With interests besides sleep
And failing
Just waiting for the boredom
To stop killing me

Where has this person gone?
This guy with always something to do
Is he still in here somewhere?
If he is, he is hiding
In the darkest crevices
Of my sickening personality
A master of disguise
A most cowardly tormentor
Killing me from the shadows
While I am killing time

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that person is still in there and he will come out again in due time. Hold on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding on is all I'm doing - for what I don't know.

    ReplyDelete