Wednesday 12 September 2012

Victory and Defeat


For some reason
I am trying . . .
Making an effort
At life
If you can call
This half-assed attempt
Effort

I am looking
For a shitty
Minimum-wage job
A monkey could do
One I know I'd hate
Feeling sick
To my stomach
As I get in the car
Every day
For a couple of bucks
And yet lying
Through my teeth
In the interview
And hating myself for it
To get the damn job

For some reason
Unknown to me
I am trying
But it feels wrong
To plod on
Stupidly
Lacking ambition
Lacking purpose
Lacking any hope
That things will get better
Living life lacking life

It feels wrong
Yet I keep trying
And every day
I keep on breathing
Is a victory
And a defeat

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you are really trying. I'm proud of your courage, because I know how hard it is to keep on trying. But I am sure your efforts will pay off and you will feel better. :) Just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete