Thursday 16 August 2012

Sweet Resignation

Oh, humanity
How you keep trying
How you keep poisoning
The earth; yourselves
Why were you chosen
You and all of your wretchedness
To populate, to dominate
This beautiful oasis
In a desert of galaxies?

Why did I have to be
One of you?
With thoughts
Those countless thoughts
With feelings
Consuming, betraying
Always overwhelming
I’d much rather have been
A spoon
A rose
A skunk
A tangerine
Why did I have to be
One of you?

If I could destroy
All of humanity
With the push of a button
I would do so
Gleefully

But I guess I’ll have to settle
For killing just one:
The searcher, the fool
The lunatic, the flame
The failure, the insect
Caught in his own web

Oh, sweet resignation
How freeing you feel
How you alleviate
The burden that is life
Oh, sweet death
I pray you’ll come for me soon
I assure you
I’ll be waiting

1 comment:

  1. Please don't do this. You'll get through this. We will be right beside you, helping you where you need it. You have a future, a happy life, waiting for you. If you only dare to have hope. Please be strong.

    ReplyDelete