Saturday 6 November 2010

Doctors

Why is it that doctors (including physiotherapists and such) think that they can leech people's time? Yes, health is important, and we need these people, but they seem to think it's normal to let people wait for stretches of time without even apologising or informing them of the delay. (And people accept this!) Yesterday I had to wait for an HOUR, and including travel time it cost me 2.5 hours of my day... all this for 8 minutes in a room with such an arrogant bastard! (A few weeks ago I had to wait for a doctor's assistant for 45 minutes to receive some instructions and discuss some kind of lousy question form for 5 minutes!) Doctors and probably rich and powerful people seem to be the only ones who think it's normal not to keep appointments and to let people wait without offering any kind of excuse or apology whatsoever.

When I have a deadline to meet and I'm afraid I'm not going to make it, I inform my client and ask his permission to finish it a little bit later. If I didn't, and I just handed it in a day late without informing him of this beforehand, he will get mad, and rightly so. This is called responsibility and communication. Apparently, doctors have no notion of these concepts, or choose to ignore them.

I sometimes think I should just always be half an hour late when visiting doctors, because they will keep me waiting anyway. But you'll always see that you will be called right on time on that day...

1 comment: