Friday 14 December 2012

Prisoner

Not only am I a captive of society;
I am a prisoner of my own body
This is what I have been given
Including the mind, this most hated mind

I seem free, unchained
But even in apparent freedom
I reside in a torture chamber
Me both the tortured and the torturer
My mind: my enemy
Betraying me at every turn
Making me unable to handle anything
Some disappointment, some pressure
You name it, and it will shut me down

My mind, the torturer that hardly ever fails
But with a back-up instrument in place
In case it locks up temporarily:
My body, the effective pain giver
Sticking daggers into my back, my neck
My mind supplying a little demonic laugh
Just for fun

I am in the worst kind of prison
No freedom, ever, for me
I am trapped in my own body;
Death the only escape
You’re kind to offer support
Just, please, if you bring a cake
Don’t put a file in there
But a noose

No comments:

Post a Comment