Wednesday 25 August 2010

Bureaucracy III

This bureaucratic society is so full of vultures it continues to sicken me. Only the difference is: vultures usually wait until you're dead to pick you clean...

It seems that companies just take any opportunity they can get to rip your heart out. Or at least empty your pockets with a grin while you stand paralysed. Because most of the time there's really nothing you can do. In 99.9% of cases, it will simply not be worth it to go to court over some random company screwing you over, thinking up bills and having some eeny meeny rule in their general conditions somewhere that says they can do so. 

Let me tell you: if anyone gives me a big mouth or insults me, I react. If anyone gets physical with me, I react. I stand up for myself. This way I can continue to respect myself, not letting anyone take advantage of me. But with these companies (the current object of my hatred is the energy company), you never see any of their employees and they just take advantage of people remotely, sending ridiculous bills to the little people while laughing their asses off in their ugly building across the country somewhere, knowing hardly anyone will stand up to them because you just can't. Oh how I wish to just grab a random dude with an energy company jacket on by the collar and throw him across the room, just to have some tangible way of letting my rage play out.

I know many people will say: "Don't get all worked up over it. You can't do anything about it anyway." But if I just bow my head and kneel to these companies, they will have won completely. I guess the "going down fighting" thing appeals to me more, despite the frustration it saturates me with. Still, it would rather be "going down shouting" because I can shout whatever I want, but I cannot fight them, not really. I can try, but it amounts to the same thing every time: it costs me time, energy and (even more) money, and in the end they will have ridiculous safeguards in place that nullify any protests so all will have been in vain. Again.

This is what it all comes down to: the thing I love the most is my freedom. To do whatever I want (within the boundaries of the law), letting no one have a say over me. And the only thing that does is these damn companies. They do have a say over me, and that may just be the most frustrating thing ever.

4 comments:

  1. Just send me a huge bill which is completely ridiculous. I'm going to call about it to ask why the hell it is such a ridiculous amount, of course, but I'm quite certain this will have no effect whatsoever except to make me more angry and frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would they sent you a huge bill? If it makes no sense, they have to correct it. They have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, well, I'll have to see about that. I desperately want to refuse paying the 700+ euros they suddenly thought up, but I'm not sure if they'll allow me too. They might just add another 100 euros to punish me for not paying in time, and there won't be anything I can do about that either.
    Or maybe I'll get lucky.

    ReplyDelete