Monday 26 November 2012

The Murderous Amplification


My every emotion is amplified by some unknown, malicious source in me. Sadness and disappointment become despair in the blink of an eye, frustration becomes rage, and even joy feels so overpowering I almost choke on it. It makes it a near-impossible task to truly enjoy anything, or look back on any day with a smile as I lie awake, desperately trying to find some calmness in the rushing whirlpool of my emotions. True, I detest the outside world, but be that as it may, this invisible tumour is surely the bane of my existence. And since it cannot be cut out, there is only one way to destroy this parasite, and that is to kill its host. The only question is how long I can bear this tormenting disease that infected me at birth before I lift the axe to finally deal the liberating blow.

1 comment:

  1. This whirlpool of emotions I too recognise so much. But everything will even out in time, you will find the balance through patience and relativity. I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete