Saturday 12 January 2013

Trigger-free Misery


I curl up in the corner
Clutching my beer like a lifeline reversed
Huddling under the blanket
That shields me from the world

In here no one can get me
I imagine
Right here I don't have to do anything
I tell myself
Hidden thus I can wait to die
I pretend

I know it is just another stupid escape
From the horrible reality that plagues me
I can't handle this shit, I know
Even the damned normal stuff
But the worst part is
I don't even know the trigger
It just happened, like something just died inside
And now I'm stuck
And getting back up seems as difficult
As parting a sea or moving a mountain -
If I were an idiot I'd pray to Jesus to save me

Instead I feel a need to destroy
Christians, other ignorants or inanimate objects
It doesn't matter; I just wish the world to explode
Since all destruction makes me feel warm inside

Sitting there, tucked away, lost and alone
I wish only to die
With such fervour I hope my wishing hard enough
Will somehow make it true
And this diseased, disgusting body
Will finally perish as it should

My every thought tells me
This is what should happen
Death is blissful, death is salvation;
The only escape from this unending madness

So I huddle, pathetically, but somehow shielded
Fighting against the reality that knows no cure
Save for ignorance, a fate worse than death
Or maybe I'm wrong - this could well be
And I beg for the death that shies away
But someday soon, finally
It will come for me

5 comments:

  1. You know there is a cure. You can find out what the triggers are that make you feel like this. And if you know what is the cause, you know what to fight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is a trigger. And yes, I do know the cure..

      Delete
  2. It might seem like everything is a trigger because you have been in this dark place for so long. In the darkness you wouldn't know left from right. But something more specific started it all, and little specific things make it persevere. You could find out what they are and take control of your life. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And death is not the cure. It's just an easy way out.

    ReplyDelete