Saturday 27 October 2012

Trial By Fiery Water

As I step inside the cubicle
And feel the anticipation rising
I take a deep breath and
It smells like freedom

The relief is like a living thing

As the warm droplets slide across my skin
And I make the tiny room my home
I feel the tension leave my body
But I know it will end too soon

The fear begins to constrict my throat

As I turn the knob further
And I feel the scalding hot water
Pelleting my naked skin
I grimace and stifle a cry

The self-hatred is barely contained

As I lean against the walls
And I clench my eyes and fists tightly
In a futile attempt to ward off the evil
I want only to curl up on the floor

The shame of failure envelops me

As I create my own burning prison
And the thought of ever leaving it
Incinerates me from within
I am faced with naught but bad choices

The despair once again takes control

As my blood turns to acid
And my desperation becomes my world
I feel like burning away to an empty shell
Embracing my grim-faced companion from hell

1 comment:

  1. You are not a failure and you shouldn't feel like one, you are a precious person who has already conquered so much. I am proud of you for still fighting.

    ReplyDelete