Wednesday 7 December 2011

Mankind's True Nature

I have seen the true nature of man
And I do not want to face it again

I cannot take any longer
The fake smiles and hidden venom
The blatant disregard for the welfare of others
The mindless pursuit of individualistic goals
The scheming and talking behind others' backs
The hidden agendas and conceiled opinions
The self-serving, double-crossing mindset
The cowardice facilitated by modern communication
And the need to participate in much of this madness to survive

For people are wolves
Working together when it suits them
But turning on each other
When they smell weakness

They have made the world an ugly place
Infested it with their meddlesome presence

It pains me to see it
To know the hearts of those most vile
So often predators in disguise
Winning the support
Of wolves and sheep alike

There is nowhere to run
No place to hide
No way to fight it

I will not face it any longer
For I feel it corrupts my soul

I did not wish for this insight
It is more convenient not to know
To be as a child, naïve and innocent
To judge a friendly demeanor as genuine
Instead of perceiving the ill will it hides

It sickens me to observe this
And it is unbearable to know
That it will never change

The life of the human race
Is destined to be snuffed out
But I will not wait
For mankind to destroy itself

What I do know
Whenever it may come
Is that they will have deserved
Their obliteration

No comments:

Post a Comment