Monday 19 July 2010

Standing by

It appears that most of the time I am merely "standing by" these days. Of course I do stuff while standing by, but still, I realised I am standing by most of the time, waiting for work to come along. And of course every time I am not standing by, work comes along. At the wrong time, with me being in the wrong place (e.g. taking a poop ;P).
Standing by is a peculiar thing. I actually have enough time to go on trips and all (as long as they're cheap, because standing by does not earn one stacks of cash), and do all kinds of stuff, but still I feel compelled to stay at home (or very close to home) on weekdays to be ready in case work suddenly comes my way. So I sit at my computer most of the day, not working, but merely standing by.
And of course assignments will pass me by just when I take a five-minute break from the tough job of standing by. Working a steady job is starting to appeal to me more and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment